Sales Terms & Conditions
• Most novelty cakes feed 35. It is not possible to offer exact dimensions as each cake is hand crafted in freehand.
• All cakes are made of vanilla sponge with jam and butter cream unless stated otherwise. Chocolate and other cake flavours are available.
• Sponge and chocolate cakes do not have nuts as an ingredient but due to the kitchen where these cakes are made there may be nut traces present. Some of our cookies contain nuts so cakes will still be made in a kitchen where nuts may be present.
• All Allergy-free cakes are made and prepared on different premises where no nuts are in use
• You will always be given written order confirmation. Please check it and notify me if anything is not correct.
Cake Storage and Shelf Life
• All cakes should be stored in a cool dark place on a flat sturdy surface.
• Never put cakes in the fridge other than fresh dairy cream cakes.
• Sponge, Chocolate and Carrot cakes will keep for one week after delivery. Orders
• I require as much notice as possible for making your cake/s. Usually around 6-10 weeks for wedding cakes. Skilled cake decorators are rare and valuable crafts people. Occasionally it may not be possible to meet demand. Please order as early as possible.
• Please check your order thoroughly before payment. For bespoke cakes, I can only create the finished article from the wording of your order. It is not possible to create exact specifications when modelling food, just a graphical representation.
• If an inscription colour or any other choice is left un-selected on your order then we reserve the right to use our own discretion.
• I will require a 50% deposit on confirmation of order. Balance is payable on delivery or collection. If this is not possible payment will be required prior to delivery. If paying by cheque payment must be cleared before delivery or collection. This can be discussed. Payment can be made by cash, bank transfer or Paypal.
• There will be no refund on novelty cakes cancelled less than 5 days prior to collection or delivery.
Refunds or Complaints
• Corrections and repairs to cakes, including inscription mistakes, can be corrected on the same day in most cases. You are required to give me this opportunity and must let me know of the problem within one hour of accepting your cake.
• Complaints are very rare and so I take them very seriously. Some complaints may require further investigation and an immediate refund may not always be possible.
• Cakes, or part of cakes, must be returned within three days to ensure I am able to fairly assess the nature of the complaint.
• The maximum refund I can offer is the value of the cake and delivery. Further compensation is not available.